Who are we?
Sunday Assembly San Diego is a radically inclusive secular community that meets monthly to hear inspirational talks, connect for service projects, sing songs, and generally celebrate life. Assemblies are free to attend, and everyone is welcome. Together we strive to Live Better, Help Often and Wonder More.
The Public Charter
The Sunday Assembly is a secular congregation that celebrates life. Our Motto: Live Better, Help Often, Wonder More. Our Vision: To help everyone live life as fully as possible. Our Mission: A Sunday Assembly in every town, city and village that wants one.
Live Better: We aim to provide inspiring, thought-provoking, and practical ideas to help people live the lives they want to lead, and to become the people they aspire to be.
Help Often: Assemblies are communities of people of action, building lives of purpose, and encouraging us all to help anyone in need and to support each other. We take on service projects together because we believe that helping makes life better.
Wonder More: Hearing a talk, singing as one, listening to readings, and even playing games helps us to connect with each other, and to the awesome world in which we live.
What are we?
- Is a 100% celebration of life. We are born from nothing and go to nothing. Let’s enjoy it together!
- Has no doctrine. We have no set text, so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
- Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural, but won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
- Is radically inclusive. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs — this is a place of love that is open and accepting.
- Is free to attend, not-for-profit, and run by volunteers. We ask for donations to cover our costs and support our community work.
- Has a community mission. Through our “Action Heroes” (that’s you!), we will be a force for good.
- Is independent. We do not accept sponsorship or promote outside businesses, organizations or services.
- Is here to stay. With your involvement, Sunday Assembly will make the world a better place.
- We won’t tell you how to live, but will try to help you do it as well as you can.
And remember the first point: Sunday Assembly is a celebration of the one life we know we have!
For more information on how Sunday Assembly San Diego is run please refer to the following documents.